Lynbrook Teen Center Program 2021-22
2021-2022 Teen Center Program Schedule
Dates: South Middle School: November 12, 19; December 3, 10, 17
North Middle School: January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4
October 27, 2021
Dear Middle School Students and Parents:
I am pleased to announce that the Friday Evening Teen Center Program will resume on November 12, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. The 10-week program is available for all middle school students attending school in the Lynbrook School District, free of charge. Activities include basketball, volleyball, board games, and more.
There have been many important changes to the program this year in order to follow NYS guidelines which minimize the risks associated with COVID-19. Please read them carefully with your child.
- The program will be held for 5 sessions at each school. All Lynbrook students can attend all of the sessions regardless of the location.
- There will be an online sign-up available each week of the program on Monday morning. Only the first 50 registrants will be permitted to attend each session at each school. If a student signs up for a session and does not attend, they will not be permitted to sign up the following week.
- Face masks must be worn at all times, except when drinking from a water bottle in a place where they have socially distanced. The masks must completely cover the nose and mouth.
- Students should bring their own water bottle that is labeled, and it CAN NOT be shared.
- If students are not participating in an on-court activity, they can sit in the bleachers or stand in other areas of the gym or hallway at a distance of 3 or more feet from the nearest person.
- Only one student at a time will be allowed to enter each bathroom.
- Students who don’t follow the above safety procedures may be asked to leave the program.
As in the past, each student who attends a session will not be permitted to leave the building any time before 8:50 p.m. unless they are signed out by a parent/guardian or have a written note from a parent/guardian saying it is permissible for them to leave on their own. No child will be permitted to re-enter the building once they have signed out. Please drop off your child as close to the 7 p.m. opening as possible and pick up your child promptly at 9:00 p.m.
Signups for the Teen Center begin on Monday mornings, at 7 a.m., for that Friday’s session. The first week’s signup begins on Monday, November 8. Click on the appropriate link below:
Sessions at South Middle School: November 12, 19; Dec. 3, 10, 17
Sessions at North Middle School: January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4
If you have any other questions or concerns please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation in helping to make the Lynbrook Teen Center a fun and safe place for our middle school students.
Steve Freifeld, Teen Center Director