Lynbrook Teen Center Program 2020-21
2020-2021 Teen Center Program Schedule (2nd Revision, 2/11/2021)
North Middle School only, 7 p.m.- 9 p.m., January 15, 22, 29; February 5, 12
NEW DATES ADDED: February 26, March 5, March 12, and March 19
February 11, 2021
Dear Middle School Students and Parents:
The remaining sessions of the Friday Evening Teen Center Program will take place at North Middle School only. It is available for all middle school students attending school in the Lynbrook School District, free of charge.
There have been many important changes to the program this year in order to follow NYS guidelines which minimize the risks associated with COVID-19. Please read them carefully with your child.
- There will be an online sign-up available each week of the program on Monday morning. Only the first 25 registrants will be permitted to attend each session. If a student signs up for a session and does not attend, they will not be permitted to sign up the following week.
- Students will have their temperature checked as they arrive at the session. They will also be asked to fill out a Health Questionnaire before entering the gym.
- Before students can participate in activities, they must wash their hands. Any time that they leave the court they must bring their ball to be sanitized by a supervisor and wash their hands again before resuming physical activity. Only one student at a time will be allowed to go to the bathroom.
- All activity will take place in the gymnasium. To reduce the risk of close contact, there will be a maximum of 4 students allowed on each basket. Students will be allowed to shoot baskets without anyone guarding them. They can play shooting games like HORSE. Other activities may be added if it is determined that they would be following NYS safety guidelines.
- Students must bring their own water bottle that is labeled, and CAN NOT be shared.
- Students cannot share balls. Students should bring their own basketballs that are clearly labeled with their name. In the event a student does not have a ball, there will be a limited number of additional balls for use.
- If students are not participating in an on-court activity, they can sit in the bleachers or stand in other areas of the gym at a distance of 6 or more feet from the nearest person.
- Face masks must be worn at all times, except when drinking from a water bottle in a place where they have socially distanced.
- Students who don’t follow the above safety procedures may be asked to leave the program.
As in the past, each student who attends a session will not be permitted to leave the building any time before 8:50 p.m. unless they are signed out by a parent/guardian or have a written note from a parent/guardian saying it is permissible for them to leave on their own. No child will be permitted to re-enter the building once they have signed out. Please drop off your child as close to the 7 p.m. opening as possible and pick up your child promptly at 9:00 p.m.
Signups for the Teen Center begin on Monday mornings, at 7 a.m., for that Friday’s session. Click on the appropriate link below:
North Middle School
North QR Code:
If you have any other questions or concerns please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation in helping to make the Lynbrook Teen Center a fun and safe place for our middle school students.
Steve Freifeld, Teen Center Director