Calendars and Information
Right at School (12pm-3pm) Extender Summer Camp
Summer Playground Update June 30, 2023
Dear Parents and Campers, I will be posting periodic info or reminders about things concerning our summer playground program. Don't forget to print out a copy of the calendars that are posted on our website. The calendar will tell you what important things are going on including a schedule of summer playground events.
Some reminders for now:
- The first day of camp is 7/5; we begin at 9:00 and end at noon
- Drop off and pick up at West End is by the entrance near the children's playground
- Drop off and pickup at SMS is in back of the building facing the field
- For the first few days look at the grade and group placement on the charts that will be hanging up on the fence. If there are any questions of if your child's name is not listed, please see the supervisor (L. Bruno at SMS and Lisa Darress at West End).
- If your child needs medication, EpiPen or inhalers at summer playground, make sure you bring it (them) to the nurse the first day with doctor's orders, if you didn't already include these orders in the registration packet.
- Campers should bring snack and water daily
- Sharing food is not permitted; advise your child(children) of this.
- We do not have or allow celebrations with food
- Sneakers must be worn daily; we discourage flip flops; water/pool shoes can be worn in the sprinklers; no bare feet at any time.
- In the event of a pop-up shower, heat advisory or emergency, students will be indoors in their assigned room or area
- Field trips costs are in cash only (check the posted calendar for when field trips have been scheduled
- Campers are to bring in a peanut free snack(s) everyday, at least 2 water bottles and a towel
- Apply sunscreen before campers arrive
- We will not put on and/or remove bathing suits.
- Bring a baseball cap or head covering of some type; it doe get warm outdoors.
- Label your child's belongings with name and grade
- Campers should wear bathing suits, shorts, tee shirts;
- If camp is closed a phone connect message will be sent
- If you need to contact the supervisors at the site, use the phone numbers and email addresses of the supervisors that appear on the calendars that have been posted on our website under summer playground
- To contact Leonard Bruno at SMS send an email to: email@example.com
- To contact Lisa Darress at West End send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** We are fortunate to have a security guard at each site every day and crossing guards to assist the children during drop off and pick up.
** Do know that we have a fully certified and registered nurse at each site to assist the children. Janet Lecce is our nurse at SMS and Cathy Hetrick is our nurse at West End.
Please note that if you have registered your child for the RAS program, that program will take place at West End only. Your children should be picked up at 3:00 from West End. Any questions about the RAS program should be directed to the RAS supervisors.
** We have registered close to six hundred children for our summer playground program. The children will have a great time, will make new friends and enjoy coming everyday. Thank you for your support.
We wish you and your family a great summer.
Leonard Bruno, Director of the Lynbrook Summer Playground
SMS summer playground supervisor
Lisa Darress, West End summer playground supervisor